The president’s office is responsible for providing leadership to the collective ministry and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist church in the Potomac Conference Corporation. The President chairs the Executive Committee, Board of Education, Shenandoah Valley Academy and Takoma Academy Boards. He serves as a representative on the Columbia Union Executive Committee, North American Division Committee, Shady Grove Hospital Board, and the Adventist Health Care Mid-Atlantic Board.
Charles A. Tapp was elected President of the Potomac Conference Corporation in March 2021. Prior to taking this post, Tapp served for 13 years as senior pastor of the Sligo Seventh-day Adventist Church.
For nearly 40 years and in many scenarios, Tapp has served as a pastor, professor, administrator, writer, and radio/television host, sharing God’s love and saving grace with the world. His ministry is fueled by the message found in Zechariah 4:6: “Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the LORD Almighty.” Prayer is at the center of his life and the way he leads the ministry of Sligo Church. An avid racquet sports fan and reader, he also enjoys being a lifelong student. He and his wife, Maureen, a nurse administrator, have three grown daughters.
The President oversees the following committees.
- Potomac Conference Executive Committee
- Potomac Conference Administrative Committee
- Potomac Conference Board of Education
- Shenandoah Valley Academy Board of Trustees
- Takoma Academy Board of Trustees
- Columbia Union Executive Committee
- President’s Council
- Washington Adventist University
- North American Division Year End Committee
- Adventist Health Care Atlantic Region Board
- Reports & Minutes
- Executive Committee
- Board of Education
- TA Board
- SVA Board